Gok Wan to open ArtGemini Prize 2014
Gok Wan to open International Art and Photography Prize
The ArtGemini Prize is a celebration of international contemporary art for emerging and established artists around the world. Now in its second year, the finalists’ exhibition, showcasing the 48 works shortlisted for the main prize of £5000, takes place at the Biscuit Factory in Bermondsey from October 23rd-November 1st.
Gok Wan will be opening the private view of the finalists’ work on 23rd October at 6.30pm.
With over 760 entries from 44 countries, The Art Gemini Prize is one of the fastest growing international art prizes. Judges include Zoe Wishaw, former European Director of Photography at Getty images.
20% of all sales go to Kidscape. Nikki Kerr, head of fundraising at Kidscape said: “We are delighted to be supported by Jimmy Lek and The ArtGemini Prize. The money donated from the art sales will make a big difference to our work as we strive to keep more children safe from bullying and abuse.”
For more information, including a preview of the finalists’ work, please visit www.artgeminiprize.com.
Images attached Adrian Scicluna (painting), Kevin Shepherd (photography)
To reserve a space at the PV please message email@example.com
Art Gemini PV – Biscuit Factory in Bermondsey from October 23rd-November 1st 6.30 – 8.30pm
Exhibition continues daily 11am – 6pm (closed Sunday)
- The Art Gemini Prize is an independent International competition, open to all artists from anywhere in the world. There is no age limit for applicants. Promoting excellence in art and photography. www.artgeminiprize.com
- A cash fund of £5000 will be awarded to the winners in four categories. The Public Choice Prize is open for voting by the public during the exhibition, and the winner will be announced at the close of the show.
- Painting and Sculpture Prize: First prize £2000, second prize £1000
- Photography Prize: First prize £1000, second prize £500
- Young Artist Prize (under 25 years): £500
- Public Choice Prize: £500
- Judges and founders biographies see http://www.artgeminiprize.com/about/
- Gok Wan is a Fashion expert, award-winning TV presenter, author and all round national treasure, Gok Wan has taken the fashion and TV world by storm and has become one of the UK’s most sought-after entertainers. www.gokwan.com
- Anti-bullying charity Kidscape is the charity partner for this year’s ArtGemini Prize and will receive 20% of the sale price of any piece sold during the exhibition. www.kidscape.org.uk.
Of significance to the technical excellence in each #monitor, this partnership will see EIZO’s #ColorEdge monitors continue to be at the top of their game, good news for #animators, film editors and #photographers. www.eizo.co.uk
Industry leading display manufacturer EIZO partners with Light Illusion to enable high-end LightSpace CMS based calibration capability.
EIZO logo; global monitor manufacturer of ColorEdge screens
Global monitor specialist EIZO Limited is pleased to announce its collaboration with industry leading display calibration software manufacturer Light Illusion. The manufacturers have successfully fully integrated Light Illusions LightSpace CMS calibration system into EIZO ColorEdge monitors, providing unparallel display calibration capability for colour critical application, with the addition of in-built LUT Management making the combination of EIZO and LightSpace CMS ideal for on-set Look workflows.
Steve Shaw, CEO of Light Illusion is delighted by EIZO’s adoption of LightSpace CMS. “In discussion with EIZO we suggested how LightSpace CMS could assist with both the calibration of their monitors as well as providing advanced LUT manipulation tools, and it has been extremely satisfying to see the results bear this out.”
for more information and see where you can buy one, have a look at www.eizo.co.uk
Our production partner in Hong Kong, Expedition and Production Management (EPM) Asia Ltd, run and owned by explorer and remote location producer Steven Ballantyne, has just completed a fabulous new series for Tigress Productions:”Naked and Marooned with Ed Stafford” which is being aired on Discovery.
“From initially scouting and securing ‘The Island’ through to managing the production on location for the entire 60 day shoot was a unique and fascinating experience – maintaining the integrity of this ground breaking production was of utmost importance, ensuring Ed was left totally alone and without any external support for 60 days, although utterly exhausting being on 24 call for 60 days it was tremendously rewarding to have been apart of this fascinating production by Tigress Productions for Discovery UK.”
A full article of Steven’s work is going out on Location Guide soon too, so keep your eyes peeled.
If you are production company needing a location scout, fixer, line producer for jungle, mountain, remote location expedition contact us now, or Steven direct (contact details on our “partners” page).