Launch of PhotoX – Call for Entries New international photography opportunity, hosted at two London venues, £2000 cash fund and photographic prizes. Building on the success of the ArtGemini Prize now in its fourth year, the prize founders are proud to announce the launch of PhotoX, an exciting new prize for established and emerging photographers with a cash fund of £2000, plus photographic prizes and two curated art exhibitions in London.
“This is a substantial new opportunity for photographers wanting exhibition opportunity, financial support for their projects and to have their work seen by industry leaders,” said Jimmy Lek, Founder of PhotoX. “We launched PhotoX as a dedicated photography prize as a result of the increase of photography entries we received on our main ArtGemini Prize. We hope to be able to support more photographers this way.”
Call for entries: enter here www.photox.co.uk from the 12th January 2017.
*PRESS LAUNCH PARTY INVITATION – Come and join us for a celebration launch on Thursday 12 January 6 – 8.30pm at the ground-breaking new The Green Rooms, supported by the Mayor of London. GreenRooms Hotel, 13-27 Station Rd, Wood Green, London N22 6UW
RSVP on Eventbrite
PhotoX 2017 Timeline
- Jan 12th – PhotoX 2017 launch at The Green Rooms and call for entries
- April 30th – PhotoX competition closes
- May 9th-15th – First stage judging, selection through online portal
- June 21st, 16.00 – 18.00 – Second stage judging, physical selection at the GreenRooms.
- June 22nd, 18.00 – 21.00 – Private View and announcement of the winners with prize presentation (by invitation only).
- June 22nd – July 1st – Exhibition of the 35 short-listed works, with workshops, portfolio reviews and seminars running during the two weeks.
- Prize fund over £2000, including prize for the best monochrome entry, a public choice prize, print voucher generously supported by Genesis Imaging, photobook collection by nphoto, professional website hosted by Pixelrights and an Artist Residency Prize at the GreenRooms.
- 2 curated exhibitions – The Green Rooms and the New Artist Fair Truman Brewery.
- Partnerships and Supporters – with Genesis Imaging, CafeArt, Royal Photographic Society, Pixelrights, ARGENTA, nphoto, New Artist Fair, GreenRooms, Eastern Art Report, Art Criticism Today. We are seeking a Media Partner.
- Judging panel – Dr Michael Pritchard FRPS, Chief Executive, Royal Photographic Society; Karen Harvey, Creative Development Director, Shutter Hub; Cristina Cellini Antonini, Founder & Co-Director, ArtRooms; Hania Farrell, Award-winning international photographer.
Our Venue – The Green Rooms
Hosted at the ground-breaking new The Green Rooms. Supported by the Mayor of London, The Green Rooms is the UK’s first arts hotel. We will be exhibiting in their stunning multi-use gallery, with high ceilings, polished wood flooring, a beautiful original central skylight which can accommodate up to 200 people. The interior has been lovingly restored by renowned London architects SODA.
The GreenRooms, 13-27 Station Road, Wood Green, London, N22 6UW. The Green Rooms enjoys a prime position directly opposite Wood Green Underground Station, on the Piccadilly Line, 12 minutes from King’s Cross.
Founder – ArtGeminiPrize
PhotoX 2017 is founded by ArtGemini, London’s global art prize which is now in its fourth successful year. Last year the prize was hosted at Asia House and attracted thousands of entries from 34 countries. ArtGemini is itself the brain child of Jimmy Lek, international fine art dealer.
Charity Partner – CafeArt supporting UK and worldwide homeless artists. PhotoX will also award a prize to the winning entry of one of the artists who submitted through CafeArt.
To interview the Founder, Jimmy Lek, high res images, discuss media or other partnerships, please contact our Creative Director, Dr Vanessa Champion +44 7747 025361 firstname.lastname@example.org